Thursday, July 28, 2005

ESRI UC - Day 3 Wrap

This Is Not Fat Tire Originally uploaded by Fantom Planet.
I really did make it to some workshops. Seriously, I did. Wednesday was heavy on enterprise GIS and service orientated architectures (SOA). Amazingly, I knew what the heck all of these presenters were talking about. There was a lot of SOAP, UDDI, and WSDL slinging . Which is cool, but I think that some of the people in the room really didn't understand the tech aspects that were focused on. Yet, I do belive that they did get the concept of SOA in an IT architecture and how all of an organization's business processes and services can be integrated with the geographic services to provide a much more robust information distrobution network. For those of you from work take note of this. I think that when I return I will need to get with my peeps and re-evaluate our plans and ideas in how we want to transform. Also, how we need to become interoperable with our partners is key. Well, that's the wrap of the Wednesday. I'm currently sitting in the ArcWeb Services introduction presentation. I think I'll have to try out the public services and compare it to Google Maps. Right now it seems to be more robust for geogeeks, but not everyone is a geogeek. And I work with non-geogeeks. Nonetheless, ArcWeb requires some evaluation.

2 Comments:

Blogger GeoMullah said...

I think I forgot how to use the english language in this post.

"Well, that's the wrap of the Wednesday?"

What the heck am I doing?!?

7/28/2005 11:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Paul said...

Remember to use spell check before you post.

Yours truly,
Non-geogeek.

7/28/2005 12:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home