Monday, July 18, 2005

The Office Gets A Wiki

Crazy thougth: Why doesn't my office get a wiki? Good news: It's official, my office has a wiki. Bad news: It's official, my office has a wiki. It's strange, it wasn't advertised, nor was it easy to find. Fortunately, someone on my GIS bulletin board posted it after my lamenting about establishing a wiki, some blogs, and migrating the bulletin board away from an archaic Lotus Notes database. My concern is how to migrate the bulletin board to the wiki. It's on a standalone network which I couldn't really link to anything, but now, it's the wiki content itself. I will be interested in how and who post wiki entries. Also, who from the front office lays down the content policy. Then who lays down the office policy. Then who lays down the group policy. Then... Get my drift? I work in a buracracy. This may be a good thing, or, a really, really bad idea. Give me a week. I'll break it, or, cause trouble. ...Most likely the later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home