Friday, September 09, 2005

Geographers 'n' Kickball; Just Like Beer 'n' Chicken

Something happened at the ESRI UC that I hoped would happen afterwards... Brian over at Spatially Enabled took me seriously when I told him that I was the captain of a kickball team in DC. So, Brian and his good friend Erik went off and created the CA Smogtown division of the World Adult Kickball Association in Redlands for ESRI employees and their community. Good job guys! Bunt often. Now, will ESRI take my UC feedback seriously about establishing a kickball tournament as one of next year's extracurricular events? I hope so. I'm not running a marathon soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Brian Goldin said...

Kickball at the UC... absolutely. starting the smogtown division has been interesting and something that i'd need to drink large quantities of alcohol to pull off with the UC event staff.

I say we go grassroots next year and do another blogger + friends event.

brian 'lead foot' goldin

9/09/2005 10:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Dr. Exotica said...

A grassroots kickball tourney at the UC would be outstanding. I see it as the perfect vehicle for drinking 40s of cheap beer and settling grudges (e.g., during a technical session: "Anyone ask me another question and you're a dead man!").

9/09/2005 11:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home