Sunday, November 06, 2005

Geography And Google Print

I was just toolin' around with Google Print today and realized, "Wow. This is neat." Of course, I geeked out and searched on "geography." Mostly textbooks, but I found a real gem. "Harper's Introductory Geography" from 1896. I just wish Google Print would also give me the metadata/card catalog record for the publication. Also, how about scanning hardcopy map libraries too, or providing their metadata? Oh! Or, using something like Metacarta to read the books and maps to geolocate pages or chapters of the books in Google Earth?!? That would be cool.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny..... On Sunday I was thinking about the merger of google earth & google print as well.... I think it would require a ton of metadata but it would be really fun to use.

-n

11/07/2005 02:27:00 PM  
Blogger kashgar216 said...

I just bought the 1881 edition for $5. What a trip! Definitely not culturally sensitive, the authors.

Fun to see Bolivia extending to the Pacific and Patagonia as a country.

4/13/2009 04:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home