New Office 12 Formats & GIS
Any thoughts out there about MS Office 12 changing formats to XML-based formats and the implications associated with GIS software? Specifically, ESRI software. I thought I'd ask. So, I'm thinkin'...
- If MS is going with XML-based Office formats, what's stopping them from coming out with XML-based GIS data formats?
- Google has XML-based file formats.
- GML... Der.
- How 'bout upgrades to ArcGIS or AX to cover the change?
- Or, will we begin to see Office/Google mash-ups?
- Or, will Microsoft products become standard mash-ups that anyone can use... As long as you have access to the servers?