MapPoint Web Service, Version 4.0 Features
I thought I would give Chandu some coverage for the new MapPoint Web Service version that he has just posted about. Via Chandu Thota's Weblog: MapPoint Web Service, Version 4.0 Features On September 12th we have released MapPoint Web Service, V4.0 with tons of new features and I totally missed on blogging this (been slammed with work - lame excuse!) So here is an overview of features:
- Polygon Find and RenderNow you can perform powerful point-in-poly, poly-in-area, and property-query finds on user defined polygonal data such as their Sales Territories, Delivery Areas, Property Boundaries, etc.
- Traffic IncidentsYou can find accidents, road closures, construction projects, and traffic-relevant incidents for over 70 US metro regions.
- New Map OptionsNow you can render Line-Drive maps and Night style maps
- Extended International CoverageNow you can find addresses in - New Zealand - Hong Kong - Singapore
- Language ExpansionNewly supported languages include - Czech - Danish - Norwegian - Finnish
- Find-related EnhancementsExtended match properties can help detect addresses much more accurately than earlier Score numbers and time-zone information
- You can find the new SDK online at MapPoint Developer Center. You can also read the "What's new" section from the SDK for more details.