Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Just Signed Up For Where 2.0

I just registered for Where 2.o 2006. I hate registration fees. They seem slightly overpriced at times, but hey, I think this one is worth it. Also, the office is picking up the tab for this one. I'm signing up this year because of the hoopla from last year's Where 2.0 conference. Otherwise, I couldn't find an agenda to save my life on the conference website. So, I'm hoping to do some networking, some blogging, and some business with attendees. Hopefully, I'll bring something back to the office that we can use too. Anyway, if you sign up now, you'll get a free copy of Google Map Hacks. I saw this and I said, "Why did I even buy the book?" Can Tim O'Reilly please hand me a wad of cash or a bottle of booze instead? Or, can I have another book? I wouldn't mind having a GML book lying in wait. So, I was thinking. . . Great, here he goes again. Why doesn't someone throw together a birds of a feather session for the GeoBloggers? Kind of like what James and company did at ESRI last year. Heck, I think AAG is having a bloggers session too. Of course, I'm going to decline organize it because I'll be too busy with O'Reilly's free bottle of booze.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you sign up for Where 2.0 you should definitely attend GeoWeb 2006. This is THE conference for standards, for professional GIS, for comercial and consumer services - everything is connected !!

2/24/2006 09:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.geoweb.org

2/24/2006 09:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

make sure you fly into the san jose airport, and not sfo.

3/07/2006 11:18:00 AM  
Blogger Ron Lake said...

If you think Where 2.0 is interesting be sure NOT to miss GeoWeb 2006 (http://www.geoweb.org). There will be BOFS at GeoWeb - want to organize one??

3/19/2006 09:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home