Friday, April 07, 2006

Light Reading

I would like to give a shout out to Ron Lake and company who wrote the GML 3.1.1 specification. I downloaded the PDF from the OGC website tonight to study up on some standards for work. Boy, was I surprised. I didn't realize how in depth and involved creating a standard specification is. The time and knowledge to manage the semantics of a standard must be immense. Well, I'm going to take a crack at it this weekend. It's late and I'm dozing off. I just wanted to thank Ron and those who write this stuff. You would too, the document is 601 pages long! No wonder why most of these standards are created by Canadians. What else are you going to do during the winter, eh?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thanks are greatly appreciated. Myself, Clemens, Paul, Simon, David, Milan and all of the others have indeed put many long hours into the specification and it is very gratifying to see that it is appreciated.

4/09/2006 08:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home