Sunday, May 28, 2006

WaPo Outlook: 'Borderline'

Reading the Washington Post this morning I came across an interesting article in the Outlook section of the paper by Moisés Naím, who is the editor of Foreign Policy magazine and author of "Illicit: How Smugglers, Trafficers, and Copycats are Hijacking the Global Economy." The article discusses what national boundaries are, how they are percieved, how they are dynamic, and how they have changed in the past decade with the explosion of globalization. The point the author is trying to make in the article is, "it's more than just about maps," which is something I agree with. Plus, it also gives me some cred with my colleagues who I talk to about the study of geography and how the discipline is about more than maps. It's a good, quick read if you're into borders. Page B01 in the Outlook section of the Washington Post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home