Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Where Swag: Me and TSA On 'Another' Collision Course?

Conference swag usually consists of the obligatory man purse loaded with junk. Well, at Where this year they've include a number of interesting items:

  1. A copy of Google Map Hacks (Which I should get Jo, Rich, and Schyuler to sign before I leave)
  2. A CD from Google with every desktop app they have.
  3. Conference Program
  4. A "Who's Who" at Where 2.0: A contact sheet for who those who said they wanted to share their contact information to network (My fav. As Jeremey noted last night, "I'm a social whore.")
  5. A cardboard mouse pad from Cruiser.gr
  6. And, finally, the fine peeps at Map24.com are setting attendees on a collision course with TSA by giving us multi-purpose tools that have a substantial knife.
Fire the marketing department on this one for making me go to the post office this morning to weigh my option to be frisked by the A/V squad again. Other key swag snags:
  1. Loki's WiFi Finder keychain
  2. A Loki t-shirt for my wife (they ran out of XLs)
  3. Two! ((Clapping Thunder)) Ha! Ha! Two MetaCarta t-shirts!
There's still today to bag some swag, I'll keep you posted.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Brian Flood said...

Great coverage thus far! (IRC included)

I'd advise against the knife at the airport, 2 TSA altercations in a weeks time will probably get you blacklisted somewhere :)

6/14/2006 07:12:00 AM  
Anonymous ucsblzygrl said...

I would have to agree-on all counts. That's unless you like the rubber gloves and jelly.

6/14/2006 10:24:00 AM  
Anonymous geodruid said...

Wait till the TSA no necks find out your nom de plume is geomullah.
should've chosen something more mainstream like-- "geodruid"

6/14/2006 10:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, those multi-purpose tools are a challenge. One vendor who gave them out also gave us padded envelopes so we could mail them to ourselves to get by security. They did the mailing. Alas it was six weeks before they arrived.

6/14/2006 01:34:00 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Hrm, I didn't get a copy of Google Maps Hacks. It's the one I don't have too.

6/20/2006 12:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home