Saturday, July 15, 2006

CNN & Geography: F-

It's a lazy Saturday morning here in DC, some veggin' on the coutch, and catchin' up on my current events. Unfortunately—as some of you have noted—I can't leave the job at the office. I have to say the "news art" team for CNN really jacked up their maps this morning. Reporting on Israeli strikes near/in Tripoli, Lebanon, CNN displayed a map showing the location the strikes. It was Tripoli, Libya. I just wanted to remind us all that toponyms are important. Because if Stephen Abrose's quote that "War is God's way of teaching Americans geography" is true: God and CNN just made us lose a bunch of IQ points.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Sean Gillies said...

Man, I'd read your blog more often if it wasn't for the crappy ticker applet that crashes FF on my Mac :(

7/15/2006 09:31:00 AM  
Blogger GeoMullah said...

Know what? I think you're right. I'm gonna can it. It doesn't do anyone any good anyway.

7/15/2006 10:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Allan Doyle said...

Much better w/o the ticker!

7/16/2006 11:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Brian Flood said...

oh man, eveytime I came to your site that was first thing that came to mind. nice to see it gone...

7/17/2006 09:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Sean Gillies said...

Sweet! Maybe you can give it to Jeff Thurston. Apparently he can't get enough of that stuff.

7/18/2006 03:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Allan Doyle said...

Now THIS is a CONVERSATION! :)

7/18/2006 07:55:00 PM  
Blogger GeoMullah said...

Thank you all. I would just like to ask, "Why didn't anyone say anything before?"

It's like I've been walking around w/ food in my "flava-saver" (my beard) for months and no one said a thing.

Anyway, thanks Sean for helping me.

7/19/2006 03:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Allan Doyle said...

That's what's wrong with this community. We're too !$#%@# polite! I figured you liked it. Personally I'm not a big GISUser fan. It took me months to figure out how to stop getting near daily emails from them a while ago.

7/19/2006 05:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home