Monday, August 14, 2006

Don't Ask, Appologize Later

I really need to professionalize my services and change my name to Julie. I'd like to thank everyone who has emailed or written to me to tell me that the GeoBlogger Meetup was a sweet deal. With those praises floating around on the Internet, I've received some emails asking if I could set up GeoBlogger meetups at other events like, the Kinky Friedman Inaugeration Party, the International Symposium of SPAM Production, and the 2007 AAG Conference in San Francisco. Do you know what I have to say to that? Do it yourself. GIS Social Coordination isn't a $900 class from ESRI's Virtual Campus or something that you're appointed the UN to do. It's knowing who to talk to and who may be there. So, for our new friend Catholicgauze who emailed me about setting one up in San Francisco: You have a good base, you know a lot of people, and tell James Fee. I can only do so much with Doug Richardson at AAG. I know you'll get a different set of geobloggers than you would at ESRI, but that doesn't matter. What matters is geography. I bet you'll also have a great time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous avanwieren said...

Glad to see you got the sight back up, I remember how stressed out you were about it Thursday night. Thanks for the great time at the Tiki lounge, great meeting everyone.

Any casting spots left on the love boat GIS special!!!

8/14/2006 11:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home