Monday, October 09, 2006

More Metacarta Rectifier

Well, let's see. I've been tooling around with the Metacarta Rectifier today and it's working pretty well. I've uploaded a parking lot map of the University of North Dakota already and exported the resultant geoTIFF to Google Earth. I must say, it does look nice. The only feedback that I have for this lab experiment are a few things: • PDF's. Can they add PDF upload functionality too? • It's a little slow processing, but that's to be expected for an experiment • People who I've shared this with have been having WMS errors • Metadata. The description needs to be available to edit as well as the GCPs. That's about it. I like it. I'm addicted.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Matt Perry said...

• It's a little slow processing, but that's to be expected for an experiment

I don't think the experimental nature of the application has much to do with it's speed at all. Warping rasters is a processor intensive task and doing it on-the-fly will always take a good deal of time.

10/09/2006 11:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home